Everyone Loves to Read & Write Month
Schedule of Activities & Events
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Student news video broadcast to all classrooms
Activities - ongoing
- Read & Log pages read
- Book Valentines
- Collecting books for Every Kid Love a Book
- (books for kids without books)
- Family Reading Night
- Visiting Author Day
- Usborne Book Fair
- Middle School Night in the Library
Family Reading Night
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Library
- Wear your pj’s, bring pillows/blankets/snugglies AND your favorite book for an evening of reading and activities.
- Hot chocolate and cookies, too! J
Author Visit Day
- Nina Laden, author of Once Upon a Memory, Roberto, the Insect Architect, and The Night I Followed the Dog.
- She will be here for the day to talk about her books and about the writing process. Students will meet with her in small groups.
Usborne Book Fair in the Library
- Anne Lombard is back again to showcase the newest Usborne books as well as old favorites. Click here to see her website.
Middle School Night in the Library
- Join us to game, to code, to create, and, of course, read!
- 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 28, 2014
- Reading Logs Due
“Tape Mrs. Edwards to the Wall
- 2:00 – gather for the “taping”