Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* Spelling, Word Wisdom Unit 2, test FRI, and we will be doing practice activities assigned MON, TUES and WED and due to following day.
* Survival Story picture/quote assignment- assigned TUES and due WED
* We will be starting a new unit in our Quest literature books called "Unwrapping Ancient Mysteries" on reading and understanding informational texts. Reading and writing assignments connected to this unit will be started in class and due the following day.
* In Writing and Punctuation we will be working on semicolons, colons and hyphens and dashes.
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 10: do the first 3 pages of this unit and test this Friday (DEC. 6)
* We will be starting a new unit in our Prentice Hall Literature Anthologies- which is a play adapted from the story "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. Reading, writing and vocabulary assignments will be connected to this text and will be started in class and due the following day. We will have a reading comprehension test over this play when we are finished reading it.
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each day outside of school
* We are finishing up our Biography Projects
* Class work days: Mon and Tus. Dec. 2-3
* Biography Display Board and Oral Presentation with note cards on biography subject- due WED. DEC 4 (Students will have approximately 4 class days to work on this before it is due).
* Living Wax Museum: Monday, December 9, 10:35-11:55, ESS (need to come up with costume, 3 artifacts, and clean copy of biography research essay- needs to be printed by student before Monday, Dec. 9)