Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* Spelling words from "Dig This" H/out due WED, Test FRI
* In Writing and Punctuation we will be practicing rules for Capitalization. We will have a practice activity started in class WED and due THURS. Students will be given a poster assignment THURS and due MON. Later next week we will have a quiz on capitalization rules.
* In Literature we will begin reading "Dig This" from our Quest books. We will be working on reacting to what we read, asking questions about what we read and understanding what we read, and oral fluency. We will also be practicing vocabulary building with several assignments started in class and due the following day.
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 13, do the first three pages, due FRI, test FRI
* We have finished reading ACT II of the play adapted from the story "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. We are finishing up Reading, writing and vocabulary assignments that are connected to this text. Assignments will be started in class and due the following day.
* Reading Assessment Quiz, Act II, "A Christmas Carol" will take place this Friday, January 24th.
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each day outside of school
* Latin root words "Gen" words, sentences for each word due WED, practice handouts due WED and THURS, test FRI
* Grammar in Writing, chapter 2: We will be working through this chapter over the next few weeks. We will have several assignments each week. What is started in class will be due the following day. This week we will be working on Parallelism within sentences and within longer text.
* In literature we are continuing our unit on Fairy Tales with the Daybook. Assignments will be started in class and due the following day.