Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* Literature: we will continue working on informational text reading skills this week with our Quest book
* In writing we will practice identifying subjects and predicates.
* No spelling this week
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* No Spelling this week
* We are continuing to work on reading and writing persuasive text; students will need to bring their purple literature anthologies. We will be reading the short persuasive essay on "Letter Writing" and doing several assignments around that.
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night and set reading goals.
* No Spelling or Latin roots this week
* Generations Interview Notes (from the interview you will do) are due Monday, April 15
* Rough draft (need printed copy) of generations interview essay. Specifics assigned Monday, April 15, rough draft due Wed. April 17
* Final draft of generations essay due: Thursday, April 18
* Please bring a photo of your interview subject- from any age and the student can be in at well, due THURS.
* Please mark on your calendar that we will be seeing "The Diary of Anne Frank" at Seattle Children's Theater on Tues. April 16th. Permission slips have gone home and are due this Friday- April 5. We will need parent chaperones/drivers.
* Students will be prepared to share their generations group projects with parents on Thursday- April 18th at 10:45-11:15 am. All 8th grade parents are invited to the 6th grade classroom to watch the small group presentations.