Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* No Spelling this week
* Santa's Elves envelopes due WED
* Vocabulary squares assignment assigned TUES and due WED
* Making Connections- assigned WED and due THURS
* 6th and K are leading Advent Prayer- Dec. 13
* Art Docent Dec. 13
* Christmas Concert practice- FR
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* No Spelling
* We will be continuing with our literature unit this week and next- will be reading the book Zach's Lie. Students will need to read about 15 pages per day. We will meet in literature circles and have a weekly literature circle journal assignment due on:
FRI. Dec. 6, Literature Journal #1 due (over pages 1-71)
WED. Dec. 12,Literature Journal #2 due (over pages 72-139) *"Interesting Words" section reduced from 10 words to 5 words this week only.
TUES. Dec. 18., Literature Journal #3 due (over pages 140-211)
TUES. Dec. 18 Final test over the book
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night and set reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 4, p. 32, 33, & 34 due FRI, test FRI
* We will continue working with the short story "Of Men and Mountains" in our Prentice Hall Literature books this week and will be doing a variety of reading comprehension activities. Activities will be started in class and due the following day. At the completion of this unit we will have an open book test over the book.