Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* In mid-September middle school students will be given the opportunity to begin their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on genre requirement
* Be sure to check and sign your child's planner! (I check them every Monday).
* In Literature we are continuing to learn about specific genres and their characteristics as well as hearing sample texts from each genre. Ask your student to tell you about the genres they are learning.
* Punctuation work- We will be reviewing comma rules (Write Source 2000) over the next few weeks. We will be practicing using commas in a series- assigned WED. and due THUR.
* In Literature all of this week we will be reading and doing various reading and vocabulary assignments around the story "Bearstone" from our Quest literature book. Assignments not finished in class will be due the following day.
* We will have spelling this week. Our words will come from "Bearstone". Students will be given a list on Monday, two practice assignments (due Tues) and a test over the words on FRI.
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & set reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 3; do pages 26, 27, and 28; due FRI and test FRI.
* In Writing we also be working on reviewing end punctuation and punctuating dialouge with practice assignments given on Wednesday and Friday and due the following class day.
* In Literature, we will continue reading short excerpts by Gary Soto in Unit One (lessons 2, 3, and 4). There will be assignments given Tues.-Thurs. What is not finished in class will be due the following day.
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Min each night
* Final Draft (typed hard copy) of Primary Source Partner Interview essay is due TUES (Sep. 19)
* Spelling Unit 1 (do the first three pages of this unit for homework) due FRI and test FRI
* In literature we will begin reading and working with the text 'Harriet Tubman: Guide to Freedom" which is in our Prentice Hall (brown) literature books. We will be doing a variety of literature and language activities and assignments around this story each day, starting Tuesday. Homework not completed in class will be due the following class day.