Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on genre requirement
* Please check your child's planner and sign in each week. I check student planners each Monday.
* No Spelling this week.
* !n Writing we will work on Camp Story personal narratives this week with prewriting and brainstorming on Monday with the Camp Story free-write (about one page) due Tuesday. Students will be word processing the 1st draft on Tuesday in class. The 1st draft (typed) will be due on Thursday. We will work on the final drafts early next week. We will also work on prepositional phrases.
* In Literature we will be starting a new unit and be reading an excerpt from the story Star Fisher by Lawerence Yep. We will work on vocabulary, language and craft, and reading comprehension.
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & set reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 26, do the first three pages- due FRI, test FRI
* We are finishing up this week on working on strategies for combining sentences and practice these. What is started in class will need to be completed for homework.
* We will be continuing our unit in literature on persuasive writing techniques and how to recognize and use these. We will be reading and doing the various practice activities in our Daybooks, Unit 11 "Exploring Multiple Perspectives". Students need to bring their book to class each day. Students will start assignments around this unit in class but will need to finish them for homework
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night
* Spelling: Unit 13, do first three pages and Test on FRI.
* We will continue to work on our "Generations" Unit this week with reading different excerpts from literature and responding in writing. On Thursday (April 26) Students will be divided into groups and work on a group project this week for their particular topic connected to generations. Students will have. Projects will be due the following Thursday, May 2. Students should be thinking about a grandparent or older adult (NOT parent) they can interview soon for the next part of this unit.