Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* Spelling, based on "Mow-'Em-Down" reading (12 adjectives that describe personal characteristics), spelling sentences need to be at least 10 words long & write one sentence for each of the 12 words- due WED, test FRI
* Personal Narrative Final Draft- due: THURS
* Punctuation & Writing "Commas after long Introductory Clauses"- assigned MON and TUES and due the following class day
* Art Docent: THURS
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* Spelling Unit 5, pp. 38, 39, 40; due FRI, test FRI
* In writing we will be working on using commas. Practice work will be assigned on TUES. and due WED and due the following day.
* We will finish up with our partner author research projects this week. Graphic organizers will be used for all research notes.
* TUES & WED 10/16- work time will be given to finalize presentation interview scripts, plan visual aid(s), work on each partner's final draft paragraph of their reaction and analysis of their author's writing style, and finalize each partner's bibliography.
* Author Presentations with typed scripts, etc. (see above) due THURS
* Reading comprehension test will happen upon completion of the author-interview presentations.
8th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night and set reading goals.
* Latin Root words- "Manu" Quiz- MON
* Spelling Unit 3, pp. 26, 27, 28, due FRI. test FRI
* Wilma Rudolph- Perspectives practice (MON)
* Biography Analysis w/ picture book stories- TUES
* Mini-Research & Choose 3 potential biography subjects- WED
* Go over first part of research project and begin taking double-entry notes- THURS