Language Arts & Literature Assignments/Homework
* Middle school students will occasionally be given the opportunity to update their reading logs in library class. Students should add books to their logs as they read them.
6th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 Minutes each night & work on reading goals
* We finishing up our unit in Literature and Writing on Poetry. Students should have a typed draft of each poem. The week of June 3, we will be working on the title page, table of contents, making edits and revisions and edits, and adding drawings or images for each poem.
* Final draft of student poetry books are due FRI, May 7
* Reading Logs (including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester) are due MON.. June 10
* 6th graders are making the 8th graders cards and gifts which are due MON. June 3 (They graduate on June 4).
7th Grade Assignments
* Read 30 minutes each night & work on reading goals.
* Charlotte Doyle Vocabulary Poster Assignment- will be assigned on TUES (June 4) and due and presented on THURS (June 6), Vocabulary test over all 19 words on the list on MON (June 10)
* Final Test for Charlotte Doyle, open book, WED June 5.
* Reading Logs (including 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester) due WED June 5.
8th Grade Assignments
make up * Read 30 minutes each night and set reading goals.
* No spelling or Latin roots this week
* In Writing and Grammar we will continue to be working on verb tenses and irregular verbs
* We will be starting a new unit in Literature in which students will be reading YA historical fiction, memoir, and informational/biographical books connected to the Holocaust. Students will be meeting in literature circles once per week, starting next week. This unit will take us through the end of May.
* Literature Circle Journal #1- due WED. May 8.
* Literature Circle Journal #1- due WED.May 15
* Literature Circle Journal #1- due WED. May29
* MAPS make up testing takes place this week (May 28- May 31)
* Reading Log due" FRI May 31.