What You Need to Know!
The St. Matthew Library is open daily from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Students visit the library with their classes at assigned times, but are also welcome to use the library at other times with teacher and teacher-librarian approval. The library is open during the Middle School recess for studying, taking tests, and using the Maker Space (when it becomes available).
Books are checked out for one week and are due at the following library period. Books may be renewed, unless another student has placed a hold on that book.
Students in grades 4-8 may check out up to 5 books. (However, we ask that students use common sense for determining how many books they can read at one time.)
Students in grades K - 3 may check out up to 3 books.
There are NO overdue fines. But if a book is overdue more than two weeks, students will lose check out privilege until that book is returned or paid for (lost books). Lost books must be paid for not replaced.
Donate a Book! Birthday Book Club Information
Donating a book to the school library is a meaningful way to celebrate a special person or occasion.
How It Works
- a birthday
- a graduation
- a personal or family milestone
- a holiday
How It Works
- Send a $20.00 check made out to St. Matthew School. Use the form below or print a copy of the form here.
- Visit St. Matthew School's Amazon Wishlist and order a book from the library wishlist. The book will be mailed to the school.
- A card will be sent to your child or your honoree expressing thanks for the gift to the library.
- Her / his name will be added to the Building a Better Library donor list displayed in the hall.
- The book will be prepared for circulation and your child will be the first patron to check it out.
- Students have access to new books!
- Our school library’s collection increases!